Ok y’all, I pretty much got yelled at for not posting this quick enough so here we go!
My husband and I have been craving to make protein donuts for the past couple of weeks but haven’t had the time to do so. Well, since this weekend was a slow one, we planned on Sunday to be our donut day! Let’s just say there was none left over, they were that delicious!
This recipe was so simple that you can bet we will be making these more often! The only kicker is you have to have a donut pan. We got ours from target and it wasn’t expensive at all.
The best part about this recipe is that you can use any flavor of Kodiak Cake mix and any flavor protein you want to make it your own. You can even add blueberries, chocolate chips, raspberries, whatever you want and they will still be delicious.
Ok, enough talking, here is the recipe for you!
For the Donut:
- 2 Cups Kodiak Cake mix (I used whole wheat, oat and honey)
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/3 Cup water
- 1 large egg (I added about 1 TBSP of egg whites more or make it fluffier)
- 3 TBSP Truvia or sweetener of choice (I used stevia)
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
For the Protein Glaze:
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used Vanilla whey protein made by Gatorade)
- Enough almond milk to make a thick glaze (slowly add milk so you don’t over pour)
- 1/2 Tsp maple extract (This one is optional. I did not use it and it still tasted really good)
Toppings: (Can use any of the following)
- Flavor God’s chocolate Donut seasoning
- Shaved chocolate
- Fruity Pebbles
- Pretty much any topping you can think of
- Turn on oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all donut ingredients in a large mixing bowl until smooth
- Spoon mixture into plastic bag and cut the corner so you can easily squeeze it into donut pan.
- Make sure you spray donut pan with oil before
- Bake for about 6-7 minutes
- Let the donuts cool for a few minutes before you dip them
- Mix ingredients for glaze and you can either pour it on top or dip them (I dipped them)
- Eat them plain or put a topping on it and enjoy!!!
Macros: Makes about 12 Donuts. 80 cal. / 1.2g Fat / 10g Carbs / 7.5g Protein
Based off those macros, you can see why we had non left!!